Wednesday, September 15, 2010

President Obama's speech to school children: Republican extremists are racists - confirmed

Statement by Jim Greer, former chair of the Florida Republican Party:

"In the year since I issued a prepared statement regarding President Obama speaking to the nation's schoolchildren, I have learned a great deal about the party I so deeply loved and served. Unfortunately, I found that many within the GOP have racist views and I apologize to the president for my opposition to his speech last year and my efforts to placate the extremists who dominate our party today. My children and I look forward to the president's speech."
Even when GW Bush had approval ratings below 30%, we never heard this level of disrespect for a president directed at kids as aptly noted by Ed Schultz:


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments: